Saturday, January 26, 2008

Old Friends

Old Friends, I've been thinking about that alot. During my chemo treatment, I thought of friends from long ago. I remember a wedding just a vivid as it was today. A young man and woman on the brink of their new life. Their wedding was big, traditional but full of love and fun. Greek orthodox, with pagan rituals and chants. Of tears of joy and promise. I remember 57 chevy pink cadillacs and flowing dresses, smiles, music and dances at the boathouse. I miss those old friends but they are from a past life long gone from my life now. But I have my memories....and have gone on to make new friends.

Friends are important, they make you strong, well and give you the ability to believe in yourself. They laugh with you, cry with you. They help you even when you're not sure why. They organize, they plan, they help take the pain away. Their laughter, their hugs.....it helps. They listen and make you less afraid. And you know that without them you wouldn't be able to do this. They become your family and you love them all so much.

1 comment:

JoAnna Gekas said...

Can you believe that was almost 20 years ago? It doesn't seem that long ago! And now Seraphina and Dylan are all grown up and ready to go off to college. Yikes!

I've been thinking about you a lot these days. Even though we've lost touch over the years, you will always be in our hearts. And, of course, Dylan will always be part of our family. He is like a brother to Jalen and Seraphina.

Stay strong!

Love,

JoAnna & Richard